Barbara Bergman is the Director of College Counseling at Georgetown Day High School in Washington, D.C. During her 30 years of college counseling experience Barbara was also the Associate Director of Admissions at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. She comes to us with the advantage of having been “on both sides” of the college admissions process, and of having parented her own children through the college process.
Fees include program, lunch each day, and separate evening for parents. Full and partial scholarships are available. First generation college/university applicants are encouraged to apply.
PROGRAM TOPICS FOR RISING JUNIORS
June 27 & 28, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• Key factors in the 4-year college admissions process.
• How to get started with the college search process.
• College/university requirements for admission.
• Critical high school course requirements.
• Review of standardized testing options and dates.
• What rising juniors can do to strengthen their college admissions resume.
• College admissions simulation.
• Accessing need based financial aid and outside scholarships.
• Knowing how to access resources in the college search process.
PARENT EVENING FOR RISING JUNIORS
June 27, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• How to get started with the college admissions process.
• Standardized tests and timeline.
• How to strengthen the college resume.
• Accessing need based financial aid and scholarships.
• Ways to support your child throughout the college process.
Register by March 15, 2016. Registration form can be downloaded here.
Program limited to 50 students.
Questions to Donna Cummings, email@example.com, (607) 962-0541.