Discover encaustics! See how encaustic (hot wax) painting can be a sculptural art form. Apply tools and techniques to create relief emphasizing positive and negative space and contrast in darks and lights. Workshop includes painting and collage with wax, fusing, carving into wax, and more experimenting with techniques. In addition, you can upcycle existing art (drawings, prints, photos) if you like.
- Learn basic techniques in encaustic painting.
- Experiment with materials (collage) and integrate drawings and collage materials into an encaustic painting.
- Learn how to build up surfaces in encaustic painting creating a sculptural form.
Instructor: Marcie Wolf Hubbard (http://www.marciewolfhubbard.com)
Marcie received her B.A. from the University of Maryland in Studio Art and studied Fine Art and Illustration at the Maryland Institute, College of Art. She has taught, completed artist residencies and exhibited with over 40 organizations and is currently teaching at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC.
When: April 10, 11, 12 (Sunday - Tuesday) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Where: Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center, 9620 Dry Run Road, Painted Post, NY 14870
Who: Anyone over the age of 18, all skill levels welcome!
- Single Room: (2 nights and 6 meals) $684.00 (includes food, all class fees, room)
- Double Room: (2 nights and 6 meals) $609.00 per person (includes food, all class fees, room)
- Commuter: 3 days of class $510 per person (includes 3 lunches, dinner on Tuesday evening, all class fees)
Questions? Contact Contact Guest Services: Phone (607) 962-0541E-mail email@example.com
Register: REGISTER BY MARCH 15, 2016! Phone-in credit card registration (607) 962-0541 or mail registration form with payment to: Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center, 9620 Dry Run Rd., Painted Post, NY14870
For more information, download the flier/registration form.