Job title: Front Desk Receptionist
Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center is seeking a Front Desk Receptionist. Hours will change with events and guest schedules, but generally include Fridays 3:30-7:00 PM, Saturdays Noon-7:00 PM, Sundays 9:00 AM-3:00 PM. This is a part-time non-exempt position. Candidates must be comfortable with our mission of “serving guests with gracious hospitality” and of taking direction from the Watson Homestead Co-coordinators of Guest Services and Road Scholar Coordinator.
1. Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner. When they enter the building, rise from your chair, walk out and greet them.
2. Assist guests immediately upon request.
3. Answer telephone calls and directs to the appropriate department.
4. Become familiar with all aspects of Watson buildings and grounds.
5. Collate and prepare Road Scholar materials, name tags and set-up key boards.
6. Must be comfortable using social media.
7. Staff gift shop as needed.
8. Notify appropriate department when repair, extra cleaning or other issues arise.
9. Appropriate dress when guests or events are “in the house.”
10. Know and follow all policies and procedures set-forth in the Watson Homestead Employee Handbook, Fire and Safety Plan and Emergency Action Plan.
1. List of information detailing background experience and previous employment.
2. Three references available.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Able to manage technology.
5. Must pass criminal background check and have solid references.
6. Must have excellent problem-solving skills and enjoy working with people.
7. Must have excellent guest services skills.
8. Must be punctual at all times.
9. Must be a “team player.” This position requires collaboration with all Watson staff.
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
Please contact either:
Donna Cummings email@example.com or (607) 962-0541 ext. 404
Anne Galvin firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 962-0541 ext. 401
Job Title: Part-Time BUILDINGS & GROUNDS STAFF MEMBER
Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center is seeking a part-time buildings and grounds staff member. Candidates must have the ability and motivation to serve our guests with gracious hospitality. All Buildings and Grounds Staff are supervised directly by the Director of Programs and Operations. All employees at Watson are expected to be “team players.” This position will be 24 hours per week and non-exempt. Candidates must be flexible and able to work weekends, weekdays and some holidays.
1. Able to lift 100 pounds.
2. Driving Watson vehicles- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
3. Consistent and productive collaboration with Watson Team.
4. Ability to prioritize daily, short-term and long-term work and projects.
5. Able and willing to work independently and follow-through on details.
6. Able to follow direction and constructive feedback.
7. Able to bend, lift, dig, carry, climb and engage in strenuous activities.
8. Able to work for 6 hours or more indoors and/or outdoors, regardless of weather conditions.
9. Daily moving and set-up of tables, chairs, sound equipment, etc…for groups and events.
10. Sweep and mop large dining hall floor after events and before groups arrive.
11. Follow all policies and procedures set forth in Watson Employee Handbook and by direct supervisor.
12. Be familiar with Watson Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan.
13. Be courteous towards and caring of guests and colleagues at all times.
14. Maintain a safe and clean environment in collaboration with Watson Staff.
15. Daily, weekly, monthly, water testing/monitoring.
16. Handling of chemicals (pool).
17. Upkeep of monthly safety equipment i.e. emergency lights/exit signs.
18. Independent worker and self-directed when given tasks.
19. Other general maintenance tasks as needed.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Experience in two or more construction-related occupations.
3. Good communications skills.
4. Contact information for three references. At least one from a current or former employer.
5. Resume including previous work experience, dates and locations. All information should be sent to: Neil Yoder, Director of Programs and Operations: email@example.com
Job Title: Part-Time Lifeguard
Interested Applicants Should:
1. Email Neil Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Complete Watson Homestead application form.
3. Submit the names and contact information for 3 references.
4. Be willing to submit for criminal background check.