Job Title: Part-Time BUILDINGS & GROUNDS STAFF MEMBER
Watson Homestead Conference and Retreat Center is seeking a part-time buildings and grounds staff member. Candidates must have the ability and motivation to serve our guests with gracious hospitality. All Buildings and Grounds Staff are supervised directly by the Director of Programs and Operations. All employees at Watson are expected to be “team players.” This position will be 24 hours per week and non-exempt. Candidates must be flexible and able to work weekends, weekdays and some holidays.
1. Able to lift 100 pounds.
2. Driving Watson vehicles- Driver’s license and clean driving record.
3. Consistent and productive collaboration with Watson Team.
4. Ability to prioritize daily, short-term and long-term work and projects.
5. Able and willing to work independently and follow-through on details.
6. Able to follow direction and constructive feedback.
7. Able to bend, lift, dig, carry, climb and engage in strenuous activities.
8. Able to work for 6 hours or more indoors and/or outdoors, regardless of weather conditions.
9. Daily moving and set-up of tables, chairs, sound equipment, etc…for groups and events.
10. Sweep and mop large dining hall floor after events and before groups arrive.
11. Follow all policies and procedures set forth in Watson Employee Handbook and by direct supervisor.
12. Be familiar with Watson Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan.
13. Be courteous towards and caring of guests and colleagues at all times.
14. Maintain a safe and clean environment in collaboration with Watson Staff.
15. Daily, weekly, monthly, water testing/monitoring.
16. Handling of chemicals (pool).
17. Upkeep of monthly safety equipment i.e. emergency lights/exit signs.
18. Independent worker and self-directed when given tasks.
19. Other general maintenance tasks as needed.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Experience in two or more construction-related occupations.
3. Good communications skills.
4. Contact information for three references. At least one from a current or former employer.
5. Resume including previous work experience, dates and locations. All information should be sent to: Neil Yoder, Director of Programs and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Part-Time Lifeguard
Interested Applicants Should:
1. Email Neil Yoder at email@example.com
2. Complete Watson Homestead application form.
3. Submit the names and contact information for 3 references.
4. Be willing to submit for criminal background check.